Wednesday, 30 April 2008
Canon DW-100 DVD Burner for Canon Hard Drive and Flash Memory Based Camcorders Review
Ok here is my brief review of this product. Canon DW-100 DVD Burner for Canon Hard Drive and Flash Memory Based Camcorders
1. it really is simple to use, as you can see there are only 2 connections one being USB, & the other being the pwer cord.
2. it only records avchd files to to the dvd, it does not creat a playabe dvd movie that you can hand Uncle Fred of his 60th Birthday party. unless he has a bluray dvd player. the dvd disc only play in blueray player or or course they can be read as files by any computer drive.
3. Why would you buy this ...hmmm I am not sure .... the only use i can find is for making cheap copies of your raw files for storage a d archiving, but this can be done for free on your computer
4. Do not confuse this poduct with the Sony line of dvd writers (Sony's DVDirect® Recorder Connects Directly to Your Camcorder or VCR.)
that allow you to just plug in the cable and creat a nice dvd to give Uncle Fred ... its not the same item ...at $200 this dvd burner is overpiced
5. I have read that the Canon DW-100 can play back these DVD movies or files... yes you have to plug the dw100 into your canon hf100 or hf10 camera and then plug that camera into the tv like normal ...so you need to have both devices with you to show the movie ....
6. does it do pictures yes... i have not looked at that function yet